Homecoming already here

Bonfire, homecoming game vs. North Lake, dress-up days scheduled

Gracie Stone tips the ball over the net during the annual Powder Tough volleyball game.

Homecoming week is already upon Days Creek. A week of festivities and events begins Monday and concludes with a homecoming football game on Friday.

The Wolves will play North Lake, which has a record of 0-1 and is ranked 10th in 6-man football. The Wolves are also 0-1 but we are ranked 20th. 

The volleyball team will be playing Elkton the day before the football game. Elkton is 1-1 in league and ranked 31st. Our rank is 16th and we are 2-0 in league. 

Dress-up days are:

• Monday: Frat boy day and bring anything but a backpack day. It is when you dress as a college student. 
  • Tuesday: Retro School Spirit Day. Wear red, white and yellow, preferably from the past.
  • Wednesday: Fresh Prince Day. Wear grab from the early 90s.
  • Thursday: Glow Out. Wear neon.

The homecoming king and queen will be crowned during halftime of the football game. The homecoming court is:

• Seniors Landon Kruzic and Keira Sawyer,
  • juniors Ian Harding and Gracie Stone,
  • sophomores Isaiah Sprague and Shayleigh Lynn and
  • freshmen Daniel Brown and Mariah Gallagher.

The bonfire will be held on Thursday following the volleyball team’s match against Elkton.

“I think there should be more board games,” Michael Peredetto said.

“I want to see the future of America on full display, making good choices,” Mr. Giles said.

Homecoming will not include a dance. Some on the student council cited cost, the difficulty of decorating and finding dresses as reasons to not host a dance, common at other schools’ homecomings.

“We have plenty of dances throughout the year,” student body vice president Lyris Berlingeri said. “The bonfire is a good place to hang out and you don’t have to get so fancy. People that don’t like dances go to the bonfire, so people have an opportunity to participate in something they enjoy.”